Mission Statement: Our goal is to assist deserving high school graduates within our church achieve their career goals through higher education.
- Scholarship applicants must be a New Hope member and active participant in church activities. Applicant must be and pursuing a higher education at an accredited college, university or technical school.
- Applicants must write an essay that details 2 or 3 experiences that have shaped their Christian journey and prepared them for the next stage of their life.
- The essay must be at least 500 words and the word count must be included on the last page
- The essay must be typed (double spaced)
- Applicants must provide an official transcript of all high school grades. Transcript must include cumulative GPA.
- Graduated points will be awarded if cumulative GPA is less than 3.0
- Cost of transcript will be paid by New Hope, if hardship case
- Applicants should complete 75 hours of community service. Community service must be volunteer work like free tutoring or work at an agency such as: Red Cross, MUST Ministries, CAMP, or a nursing home, etc.
- Points will be awarded based on hours completed
- Work, such as grounds keeping or cleaning, performed around the church can be counted as community service hours
- Work associated with a church auxiliary cannot be counted as community service hours
- Assistance finding community service work can be received by contacting the church office
- Community service hours can be recorded and counted beginning the first day of school through the scholarship deadline date. Click below to print a copy of the Community Service & Experience Summary Log Forms.
- Letters of recommendation from two (2) teachers/administrators must be submitted with contact information. The committee will verify recommendation letter information.
Scholarship awards are based on total point value. Points are given for each requirement. Applicants should submit applications even if some requirements are partially met.
New Hope Scholarship Application
All documents in the application packet must be received by May 28, 2023 or your application may receive reduced points. If you have any questions, contact the church office and a member of the college care ministry will get back to you as soon as possible.